Mangan, 11th Nov: IPRA meeting was conducted at the chamber of District Administrative Centre, Mangan, North Sikkim today. The meeting was called for the formulation and the implementation of the District Campaign under “Nasha Mukt Bharat”, the District level campaign committee for North District.
The meeting was chaired by the ADM(N) and was joined by the ASP(N), Psychologist, SDPOs, Deputy Director Education(N), NGO: Mutanchi Lom All Shezum(Dzongu), NGO: North Sikkim Youth Welfare Organization(Mangan), Mr. Thenlay Gyatso Penchungpa, retired civil service, Mr. Pemzang Tenzing( Local Gentry) and District Social Welfare Officer.
The meeting was conducted for the formulation and the implementation of the campaign that is “Nasha Mukt Bharat” and launching of the campaign. The terms and reference of the committee shall be as follows:
1. District Nasha Mukt Committee will meet once in a month.
2. Ensuring formulation and implementation of the District Nasha Mukt campaign.
3. Conducting awareness generation program in all schools and colleges in the district for students, teachers and parents.
4. Formulation of students clubs in colleges to discuss and spread awareness.
5. Identification of victims and users and taking them to Rehabilitation centers/Hospital for counseling and treatment.
6. Monitoring of counseling and treatment facilities in the District.
7. Ensuring strict implementation of ban on sale of cigarettes with 100 meters of any educational institutions.
8. Obtaining information on the availability/sale of drugs and review the action taken on such information.
9. Visit institutions and hospitals providing services.
10. Conducting training program for the service providers at all district level and below district level.
11. To increase community participation and public cooperation.
12. Having a social media strategy for the District campaign and implementation of the same.
13. Feedback on the progress to the State Level Campaign Committee and to the Ministry.
14. Identify volunteers in the community, giving them ID card/badge, training them as a community peer for spreading awareness in the community, online training module would be supplied by the Ministry. Further discussion will be conducted after one month.