Mangan, 25th Nov (IPR): Jal Jeevan Mission meet was held in the chamber of District Collector, Mangan, North Sikkim, today. The meeting was chaired by the Chairman/ CEO, DC(N) Shri Tenzing T Kaleon. He was joined by ADC(Dev) North, CMO(N), DE(PHE), Jt. Director(Agriculture), JS(Education), JD(SJ&WD), DE(Water Resource), DE(Zilla), and DPO(NDZP).
An objective of the meeting on Jal Jeevan Mission was:
1. To provide Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC) to every rural household.
2. To prioritize provision of FHTCs in quality affected areas.
3. To monitor functionality of tap connections.
4. To assist in ensuring the sustainability of the water supply system i.e. water source, water supply infrastructure, and funds for regular O&M.
5. To bring awareness on various aspects and significance of safe drinking water and the involvement of stakeholders in a manner that make water everyone’s business.
There are 200 schemes in North Sikkim. 38 lies in Mangan, 51 in Passindang, 49 in Chungthang and 62 in Kabi.